Anemia Treatment in Noida
Anemia is the decrease in the number of red blood cells in the body. As these red blood cells (RBCs) carry hemoglobin, which is a type of protein that carries oxygen. Once the blood cells are decreased, the oxygen carrying capacity of the body also decreases. This makes the child easily fatigued or irritable along with other symptoms. Book An Appointment with Dr Nalin Agarwal, the best pediatric doctor in Noida, here.
Hospitalization Required – Not in most cases
Same Day Appointment Available – Yes
Emergency Treatment – Available
About Dr Nalin Agarwal - Best Pediatrician in Noida
Treating infants, children, and adolescents takes a lot of patience, skill, and experience on a doctor’s part. Dr. Nalin Agarwal’s 30 years of experience in the field of pediatrics has made him a natural with children and adolescents alike. After graduating from the prestigious King George Medical College, Lucknow, Dr. Nalin worked at Holy Family hospital and St. Stephen’s hospital in Delhi. The exposure of such hospitals has given him great experience in the field of neonatology and pediatrics, which has helped him become the best child specialist in Noida, India today.
Apart from immunizations/vaccines and medications, Dr. Nalin believes in boosting the overall health of his patients with the right lifestyle and nutrition guidelines. He believes in training the new parents about the challenges of parenthood beforehand to help them make wise choices in the future for their child’s health and wellness. His hands-on training for new parents about feeding, burping, and weaning neonates is just a part of that commitment.
Dr. Nalin specializes in nutritional disorders, respiratory diseases, and febrile illnesses in children and adolescents. He normally deals with patients below 18 years, right from a new-born to an adolescent. With the best-trained staff at Aayushman Medicare Clinic and excellent diagnostic services, Dr. Nalin is running a full-fledged pediatric clinic in Noida for his patients.
The symptoms, types and treatment of anemia in children are given below –
Symptoms of Anemia in children
- Pale skin
- Nail beds and eyes look pale or less pink than usual
- Eating non-edible items like dirt, chalk sticks etc (pica)
In severe or chronic cases of anemia the child can experience the following symptoms –
- Shortness of breath
- Increase in heart rate
- Dark urine
Different Types of Anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia – as the rbcs (red blood cells) are less in number, hemoglobin is also low. Hemoglobin has iron in it, therefore making the child deficient in iron. This type of anemia is most common and is easily treatable with iron supplements and dietary modification.
- Sickle cell anemia – In this type of anemia, the RBCs break down of their own and they become sickle shaped. This type of anemia is comparatively severe and can last one year or lifetime.
- Aplastic anemia – In this anemia, body doesn’t produce healthy RBC. It is a rare disease.
- Anemia due to blood loss – It can occur in trauma or due to menstruation in teenagers.
- Another severe type of anemia is thalassemia.
Treatment of Anemias
- Dietary modification
- Blood transfusion
- Treating the infection in the body
You can book an appointment with Dr Nalin Agarwal, the best pediatrician in noida here.
Question 1. How can I prevent anemia in my kid?
Answer. A well balanced diet and rich sources of iron such as raisins, jaggery, chickpeas, green leafy vegetables, potatoes etc should be administered.
Question 2. How can I detect anemia during the early stages?
Answer. The above said symptoms may help to recognize the issue. However a professional advice is necessary and self-medication must not be done.
Question 3. How are the aplastic anemia and sickle cell anemia treated?
Answer. The symptoms can be treated with the right medication, blood transfusion and even bone marrow transplant in severe cases. However constant monitoring is still required.
Have a Query regarding Anemia?